WiFi 6 is the newest and best network WiFi, so are you sure your router is up to date on all the latest technology? Read this blog post to find out why upgrading to WiFi 6 might just be worth your while.
WiFi 6 or 802.11ax is the latest generation of WiFi connectivity and this newest standard will improve safety and security, increase bandwidth by 4X, create the internet of things, minimize interference with legacy devices, be able to deliver connection speeds on a large scale, provide better coverage in homes, multi-family residences and outdoor spaces.
What is WiFi 6?
Is your home router more than a few years old? If so, you may want to consider upgrading to a newer model. One of the latest and greatest innovations in routers is WiFi 6, which offers a number of advantages over older models.
So, what is WiFi 6? WiFi 6 is the latest standard for wireless internet, and it offers faster speeds, more reliable connections, and improved battery life for devices that connect to it.
One of the biggest benefits of WiFi 6 is that it can handle more devices at once without slowing down. That’s because it uses a new technology called OFDMA, which stands for Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access.
OFDMA allows multiple devices to share the same frequency channel, which means that each device doesn’t have to wait its turn to communicate with the router. This results in a significant increase in speed and efficiency when multiple devices are connected to the same router.
In addition to being faster, WiFi 6 is also more reliable than older standards. It uses a technology called BSS Color to help reduce interference from other devices that use the same frequencies.
This results in a clearer signal and fewer dropped connections. Finally, WiFi 6 is more powerful.
Reasons why you should consider upgrading to a WiFi 6 router
There are many reasons why you should consider upgrading to a WiFi 6 router. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Higher speeds: WiFi 6 has a top speed of 9.6 Gbps, which is nearly double the speed of WiFi 5. This means that you can download files and stream videos much faster than before.
- More efficient connections: WiFi 6 is more efficient than previous versions of WiFi, which means that you’ll use less battery power when connecting to the internet. This is especially important for laptop users who want to conserve battery life.
- Greater capacity: With WiFi 6, you can connect more devices to your network without sacrificing speed or reliability. This is perfect for large families or households with multiple devices.
- Better security: WiFi 6 comes with enhanced security features that will protect your data and devices from hackers and malicious attacks.
- Future-proof: As more and more devices support WiFi 6, upgrading to a WiFi 6 router will future-proof your home network. This way, you won’t have to upgrade again for many years to come.
If you’re looking for a new router, be sure to check out our collection of WiFi 6 Access Points.
Advantages of upgrading to a WiFi 6 router
A WiFi upgrade can offer a number of advantages for users, especially if they have a lot of devices that connect to the internet.
One of the biggest advantages of upgrading to a WiFi 6 router is the increased speed. WiFi 6 offers speeds up to 10 Gbps, which is double the speed of the previous generation of WiFi. This means that users will be able to connect more devices to the internet and browse the web at higher speeds.
Another advantage of upgrading to a WiFi 6 router is the improved security. The latest routers come with built-in security features that will help to protect your home network from attacks.
In addition, WiFi 6 routers offer better range than older models. This means that you will be able to connect to the internet from further away from your router.
If you are looking for an upgrade for your home or work network, then a WiFi 6 router is definitely worth considering.
Our products in the Wi-Fi 6 Space
Indio has always been on the lookout for new innovations so that we can keep up with the blistering pace of today’s technology. We have an extensive set of indoor and outdoor access points and our latest 802.11ax based access points designed specifically for high-density environments, are all set to meet the demands of the modern enterprise networks. Comprising of 2×2, 4×4 MU-MIMO WAVE 2 antenna, both the indoor and outdoor access points are equipped with all the key attributes of Wi-Fi 6: OFDMA, MU-MIMO, BSS colouring, TWT, faster speeds and WPA3 security framework.